Our Asthma Clinic is designed to allow you to gain more control over your asthma, and tailor your treatment to your personal goals.
Asthma Action Plans
A written Asthma Action Plan assists you in recognising when your asthma is getting worse and what to do about it.Information in your action plan includes:
- Medications when well
- Medications when not well
- Medications and instructions when getting worse
- Danger signs
- When to seek medical attention
- Better control of your asthma
- Fewer asthma attacks and hospital visits
- Fewer days off work or school
- Reduced reliever medication use
Our nurses are able to tailor your Asthma Action Plan to your individual circumstances, providing important tools to assist with your asthma self-management.
A spirometry is a pulmonary function test that measures how much air a person breathes out, and how quickly.
This test measures how well the lungs are working which is useful for diagnosing asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and other breathing conditions.